Lamb Stew with Chilli Saucejaypeg
You will need:
6 guajillo chillies, seeded
2 pasilla chillies, seeded
250ml hot water
3 garlic cloves
5ml ground cinnamon
half teaspoon ground cloves
half teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 kg lean boneless lamb shoulder cut into 2cm squares
2 large potatoes cut into thick slices salt
strips of red pepper to garnish
1. Tear chilies into large pieces and leave to soak in hot water for 20 mins.
2. Pour into blender and add garlic and spices. Blend until smooth.
3. Heat oil in pan then add lamb and stir fry until browned on all sides.
4. Cover with slices of potato slices. Add salt to taste.
5. Cover pan and cook on medium heat for 10 mins.
6. Pour over chilli mixture and mix well.
7. Replace lid and simmer on low heat for approx 1 hour.
8. Serve with rice and garnish with pepper strips and fresh oregano.
User contributed: Lamb Stew with Chilli Sauce Recipe by Cindy Hissey.